Almost every day, I help brides, grooms, bridesmaids, parents or other relatives plan weddings. Most people are well organized. They plan ahead, and everything goes very smoothly. However, there are a few mistakes that I see fairly often, and I'd love to help you avoid those mistakes:
5. Renting from numerous different vendors - It's often possible to save a few dollars by renting a tent from one vendor, furniture from another, linens from a third vendor, restrooms from another company and a generator from the local construction rental company. However, coordinating the delivery schedule the day or two before the wedding can be a nightmare. The vendor delivering the tent may arrive 10:00 AM while the vendor delivering the rental items going inside the tent makes his delivery at 8:00 AM. Dealing with as few vendors as possible simplifies setup and helps keep the pre-wedding stress to a minimum.
4. Focusing either too much or too little on budget - I've seen people who are planning a wedding overspend and saddle themselves with debt that they'll be paying off for years. I've also seen people so focused on saving money that they shortchange themselves for this once-in-a-lifetime event. This is the event that the bride has been dreaming about for her entire life. Make it special.
3. Waiting until the last minute - Deciding two weeks before your wedding that you should rent a tent and accessories is not usually enough time coordinate and reserve your rentals.
2. Expecting the best but not planning for the worst - Every bride envisions a beautiful wedding day, but sometimes it can rain on your wedding. If you're planning to hold the ceremony or cocktails outdoors without a tent, have a backup plan in place. The peace of mind alone will be worth it.
1. Spending more time planning the wedding than planning the marriage - Right now, the wedding seems like the most important thing in the world, but remember your marriage will last much longer than the wedding. So, spend time planning for the wedding and the marriage and both can be a success.
What mistakes have you made? What mistakes have you seen? Share them in the comments.
Want to avoid making mistakes? Contact us and let us help you through every step of the process.