Considering that the average length of an engagement is 14 months, there is a lot to do in that very short time to get the wedding of your dreams. In one of our previous posts, we started a checklist for brides and grooms-to-be to follow when planning their wedding, so here we finish the countdown!
Five to Four Months Before the Big Day
- Get all the details planned out for your rehearsal dinner. This means deciding who is invited (typically this includes the wedding party and any out of town guests), where it will be, and who will pay. If you don't want to book an expensive venue for this, consider some of our multiple party rentals or even rent a tent for the occasion.
- Choose and order your cake. This means tasting as many pieces of cake as you want!
- Book your makeup and hair stylists. Investing in a trial makeup application and hair styling is always a good idea.
- Finalize your music playlist.
Three Months Before the Big Day
- Start double-checking on everything you previously ordered. This includes your wedding rentals -- are the linens the right color? What about the chairs? Are the tent rentals the correct size for the number of guests that have RSVP'd? -- the flowers, the catering, your dress, the groom and groomsmen's outfits, and the transportation for the wedding day. Remember, you can never double-check too many times!
- Design the programs. You can even include a menu for the reception if you'd like.
- Go ring shopping! One of the best parts, we know.
Two Months to One Month Before
- Finalize your plans for the photographer. Go to your venue and scout different photograph locations if necessary.
- Double check with guests who have not RSVP'd yet.
- Apply for your marriage license.
- Give your final payments to each vendor so you have nothing to worry about when the big day comes around.
- Finish the seating arrangements and make place cards.
- Write your vows.
Once you have finished this simple checklist, you will be all set to enjoy your special day!
In need of some wedding rentals for your nuptials? Tents for Rent is here to help, so call us today.